Important First Thoughts About Acceptance
Important First Thoughts
- Acceptance of Lewy Body Dementia is accepting a terminal disease.
- Receiving this news leaves us exposed and lacking the framework for our lives.
- The Six Stages of Grief are tools that help us cope and learn to live within our new reality.
Six Stages of Grief
This Process is very personal, it should not be rushed. It is important to keep in mind that not everyone goes through all stages of grief, and certainly not all people go through the stages in the same order. For some people, certain stages may last only hours other much longer. I also found myself moving back and forth through stages I had already experienced.
- Knowledge (click to read more)
- Denial and isolation (click to read more)
- Anger “Why me?” (click to read more)
- Bargaining “I’ll do anything, just grant me a few more years.” (click to Read more)
- Depression “Everything is useless now, why bother with anything? Why go ion living?”(click to read more)
- Acceptance (click to read more)
Finally – Moving Forward
Moving forward Articles will continue to be posted covering topics like priority planning, financial changes, family discussion, legal issues, etc. Please be sure to like us and complete the contact form so we can send you an notice of when articles are posted.